It’s hard to believe but we will be celebrating our 55th reunion in less than eleven short months. Several of us have started the planning process and would like to share some thoughts and updates with this update.
- George Geiring will not be leading the charge due to business commitments, however, George will act as our Class Agent Emeritus!
- Paul Mercer has set up a web site for our class at Norwich1965.com,
please check it out. As the administrator he can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-651-7323 for content input suggestions. We will be using the site to post class reunion-specific updates.
- Beetle will be coordinating class gift efforts.
- Lodging – The alumni office has been negotiating pricing for lodging at the Clay Brook condo complex and the Sugarbush Inn.
- 55th Reunion Banquet – Norwich is also working on pricing and meal options for the banquet. As details are finalized they will be communicated to our class and will be updated on the class of 1965 website.
With email becoming the preferred means of communications, one of our first postings on the web site is a list of class mates that we do not have an email address for. Please check the list and if you have one of our missing email addresses, please notify Paul.
While Norwich negotiates with Claybrook and the Sugarbush Inn, we would encourage you to start making arrangements with classmates that you may want to share a condo with. The rental of condos has changed since our 50th. Some condo options include:
The Bridges now rents through one of these sites, however they do list all rentals on their website, bridgesresort.com. One note on the Bridges, three-bedroom units involve the third unit to be either up or downstairs and present a challenge for those with mobility issues.
Madrivervalley.com also lists units of the bed and breakfast variety and some condos.
Finally, there will be other classes reunioning in the Sugarbush area, we would encourage you make your reservations early.